Sunday, September 23, 2012

Santorini, Greece August 2012

 Beautiful Greece! View from our balcony
 Hanging out at the pool. Mom's belly is getting big!
 Having lunch at a restaurant in Fira
 I was pretty tired during our lunch. I had to take my nap later than usual everyday so we were able to get out and do some things.
 View from the table
  Checking out the view
 Daddy and me heading down to the pool from our hotel room. We had amazing sunshine everyday
 Running around the pool. Daddy sure spent a lot of time chasing me around the pool:)
 Checking out the view from our hotel
 Sunset view from our hotel balcony.
 Our balcony

 Hanging out at one of the beaches called Monolithos



 I sure had a bunch of fun playing in the sand

 Oooh, the water

 Ca-Ca. Eliana grew a strong affection for crackers while we were in Greece. Funny, because she has always refused to eat them. She would see mom with a cracker, ask for one, but she always threw it on the floor. These were our go-to distraction with Ellie being a little grumpy everyday from taking her naps later in the day, and also not sleeping long enough.
 Daddy chasing me at the pool again...
 Oh, what is that daddy?
 Relaxing in the love seat at the hotel
 Hi Dad!

 Dinner at the hotel. I got to stay up late! Mom and dad usually eat dinner on the balcony after I am asleep, but tonight we all ate together outside at the hotel restaurant.
 Hiking in Oia
 We are making our way down a ton (they say 300) steps for spectacular views of Oia

 Here I am with Dad at a lookout point. There was a band playing here, and I had fun dancing.



 Trekking down...
 Ooh, the ocean

 Daddy is so strong. He carried me down all these steps. He was too hot to wear the baby bjorn, so he carried me instead.
 Made it to the bottom!
 Restaurant we had lunch in is behind us. For the record, we took a car ride back to the top. It was just a little too much for dad to carry me, and with mom being pregnant in the heat and all...
 Bread and olive oil

 Playing with Mom in the pool at our hotel. We came down here every afternoon after my nap
 Yay, it was fun to play with Daddy in the pool!
 Preggo belly!
 Okay, looks a little strange, but this is a strawberry daquiri without alcohol. It was really hot, and mom thought it would be nice to have a cool, fun drink. I liked it too, and this was my first significant drinking from a straw.
 Hi.
 Relaxing with Daddy on the beach in Perivolos
 Making dad chase me again. Pretty much how we spent our time at the beach


 Walking to another part of town to catch the bus
 Waiting for the bus
 I'm seriously tired guys. This isn't funny anymore.
 So tired...
 View from a resturant in Fira
 Daddy eating a gyro. This is how we celebrated his birthday. They ate gyros on the balcony while I was inside sleeping.
 At Kamari beach. It was really rocky, and I sure had fun playing with the rocks.


 Giving Baby a kiss:)

 Back at the hotel, making dad chase me
 Cool bathtub! The shower nozzle came off, so I could hold it. Fun!
 Our last day in Greece. We took a boat ride to see more of the island. I had a pretty good time. Mom got sick for the first half, but she was better on the way back home. She and dad even jumped off the boat to go swimming in the ocean.

 The other people on the boat said that I had remarkably good sea legs:)

 Day we left. We had one last breakfast outside our hotel with this amazing view before heading to the airport.
Bye Bye Santorini

No comments:

Post a Comment