Tuesday, November 29, 2011

First Month in England: September in Hythe

 Chillin in my new pad...
 This is my new apartment. This room serves as a living room, kitchen, laundry room, and my playroom.
 Having fun in my toy nest...
 This is where I sleep. My pack n play just barely fit in here wedged next to the window, and mom and dad's bed.
 Mom washing my dishes
 Hi Daddy! Having fun on the car ride...
 Just finished a nice bath! Getting ready for bed...
 Strolling around Hythe waterfront...


 Finally, some zzzzzs....

 This is Mommy's attempt to increase my play space, trying to keep me from rolling around on the yucky carpet.

 Daddy wanted to capture a pic of our apartment. This about sums it up minus the bedroom and bathroom.
 This is how we do laundry with no dryer or clothesline.
 Chillin out at the pier with mom. We came here everyday on our many long walks around town.
 Mom took this pic because she thought it was cute how I started resting my feet up on this bar every time I was in the stroller
 Hi Mommy!
 At the Hythe Marina with Mom. Enjoying the lovely weather and scenery.
 This is the park across the street from our apartment. Mom and I came here just about everyday to have some play time outside. Nice to get out of the cramped apartment, and the not so great smell it held.
 Getting ready for a run with Dad and Mom
 Let's go!!
 Mom sure thinks I am cute in this hat from my cousins...
 I love my raspberry teether my Grandma got me
 Mom and I came here for coffee every morning. Mom discovered that they actually do not serve regular coffee, so she started trading off between lattes and americanos. This also led Mom to Wiki about different coffee drinks.
 All bundled up for the cold front that came in. It was mostly warm while we were here.
 Hi Daddy! I sure am liking my baths lately.
 Yay for Daddy being home! Daddy had to go away on two trips while we were here. Boo!
 Just finished eating one of the many meals I ate on the floor while we were here. We didn't have room for my high chair, or any of the other stuff that arrived in our air shipment, so we just got along without it all.
 Woo hoo, look at me! I just learned to flip over like this in my bath. The drain is so interesting!! Mom and Dad couldn't believe how big I looked!


 Headed out...
 My first boat ride! We took the ferry from Hythe over to Southampton. It was pretty fun!
 Mom drinking her coffee on the ferry ride
 Daddy and me just off the ferry homeward bound
 Mom and Dad having a evening pint at the pub across the street from our apartment. I was sooo tired from not napping. I did eventually fall asleep in my Mom's arms while Mom and Dad chatted.
 Reading my book from my Aunt Norvi with Daddy. She was so sweet to give me this; it recorded her very own voice, so I could hear her reading to me. Cool!
 Soaking up some sun riding around Hythe waterfront.
 Eight months old!! Mom didn't have my rocker for my usual picture, so she had to get creative.
 Fish and Chips!! Mom and Dad decided they needed to see what all the fuss was about. I didn't eat any, but we all enjoyed the beautiful sunny day.

 Okay, so after fish and chips, we headed out to see Stonehenge. After all the driving to get there, I only fell asleep right before the parking lot, so Mom and Dad hung out here for an hour before going in. They weren't about to wake me after all the trouble I have been with my sleep.
 We made it in!! Pretty cool sight to see!




 Mom just thought we looked cute, so she snapped a pic!
 Watching the Notre Dame game with my Dad in my pjs. Thanks to Uncle Dan, we are able to record some shows through his TV, and can then watch them on our computer.


 Watching the sunset with Mom and Dad. It was another pretty day!
 Mom catching me in a pseudo crawl. I first started steam rolling around 7 1/2 months to get where I needed to go. Mom was super excited about me rolling all over the dirty carpet, and eating it while doing so. One of my favorite things is to crash into bags on the floor, and to play with the computer cord. Oh, so fun! I also pulled myself up in my pack n play for the first time. It wasn't set low yet, and my mom sat me there so she could get dressed. When she was turned around, I pulled myself up on the side. What can I say, I wanted a better view. Other things that were going on with me...Around 7 months, 3 weeks, I started sleeping better for my naps and going to bed at night. I actually preferred my pack and play over my stroller, and wouldn't even fuss when mom set me down. I would usually play for a little while by myself, and then go to sleep. My mom was amazed!! She was in such a good mood to have a little time to herself. I also was only waking 1-2 times at night, and would then usually sleep until 4 or 5 am. Mom and Dad thought it was a miracle. I had learned to put my paci in by myself, so they thought that was a big help. I also figured out how to sleep on my side and my belly, and boy did I like that soooo much better than my back. Much more comfortable. Mom and Dad figured it was okay since I was able to turn myself all around in case I needed to flip over or something. Besides, they couldn't really control it anyway, right? Around 8 months, I started inching forward on my belly, and then moving myself by pushing off with my legs, and turning in circular movements. Shortly after this, I started my army crawl; I am flat on my belly, and use my arms to pull myself forward.
I love my Mom's water bottle. It is so fun to chew!!

No comments:

Post a Comment