Friday, January 6, 2012

Eliana's first trip to London

 Tower of London
 First night in London. Daddy, Uncle Mike, and Uncle Dan went on a whirlwind tour since Uncle Dan was leaving the next morning. Mommy stayed in the hotel with me.
 Shot of Buckingham Palace on the boys' tour.
 My first subway ride. I also had my first train ride just before this. It was about 2 hours from Lymington to London, and it was crazy!! I was soooo tired, but I could not sleep a wink. I think Dad and Mom thought I might sleep on the train some (like when I eventually fall asleep in the car once I hit pure exhaustion) but that just didn't happen. I screamed and screamed. Mom and Dad thought the other people on the train handled it pretty well. Uncle Mike, Uncle Dan, Mom, and Dad had some adventures with me navigating through a few different subway stations, up and down the steps when there wasn't a lift. Whew, at least I fell asleep on the 15 min walk from the last subway station to the hotel.
 Another great shot of Buckingham Palace...
 Silent time. I was taking my nap, so Daddy, Uncle Mike, and Mommy had to play quietly.
 View from the London Eye.
 How tired do I look?? So you know all that talk about good sleep recently? Didn't happen so much here in London. I guess I just got used to my bed in my room, but I HATED the hotel for sleeping! I was awake one night from 230 until 430 am! I woke up again at 5:15, and then was up at 6am. yeeks. It was painful for all, I am pretty sure. I think Uncle Mike may choose to stay in another room next time:)
 Part of the boys' tour...
 Chilling with Mom, Dad, and Uncle Mike in the cafe. Coffee was needed!
 Daddy, Uncle Mike, Grandpa, Mommy, and I took a ride on the London Eye, then walked over to Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, and Buckingham Palace. It was super cold and windy!!


 Uncle Mike on the London Eye
 London Eye
 Grandpa sure had fun taking pictures on the Eye
 It was pretty fun.
 Grandpa babysat me in the hotel room after Mom and Dad got me to bed so they could go out to dinner with Uncle Mike.
 Chillin with Dad one morning in the wee hours downstairs in the lobby. Dad let Mom and Uncle Mike get some sleep for an hour or two. We sure had fun playing with sugar packets! Sure was nice of Daddy.
 Visited the Sherlock Holmes museum
 Uncle Mike posing. Dad was excited when he learned there was a chipotle right here on Baker Street. It was fun to have a little tex mex type of food. We have learned food here is not the highest priority:) At least in Lymington and Hythe. Maybe London has good food...
 Finally asleep while walking around the streets of London
 Uncle Mike and Mom pose for a picture for Dad while hiding out in the bathroom in the hotel waiting for me to fall asleep. Ha!
 Tower Bridge. Dad, Mom, and I took a tour before heading back home to Lymington. It was a pretty cool bridge
 Hanging out in Grandma and Grandpa's hotel room before they left to head back home to the US. It was sad to say goodbye, but I had so much fun playing with them!
 Tower Bridge
 I love the wind!!

No comments:

Post a Comment