Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Eliana's First Birthday, Paris

 Our girl turned 1 year old on January 28th, hard to believe!
 On our way to Paris for my birthday weekend. We are going to meet up with my friend Aven, and his Mommy and Daddy. They used to live there, and now own part of an apartment there, and they just happened to be there on vacation during my birthday! How convenient that Paris is only a little over an hour flight from where we live:)
 Hanging out with my friend Aven at a restaurant for lunch
 Watching my friend Aven run around with the birds after lunch. Looks like fun!
 Checking out the sights. It is cold, brrrr....
 We visited Notre Dame.

 Beautiful, huh?
 Hanging out in front of Notre Dame for a while..
 Seriously you guys, can we get the celebration over with?? I am so TIRED! You woke me up at 5:20 am, made me get on a plane, and then after a nap in a strange place, made me ride around outside in the cold. Geez...

 Ooohh, that is pretty. WHAT is it though?
 What is going on?
 Still tired...
 Oooh, I have a friend just my size sitting at the table with me. How cool is that?! I am digging my new high chair too. Mom and Dad found this cool travel one that folds up. Now I can sit at the table with the big people:)
 My cake that Mommy and Daddy got from the bakery in Paris.
 Woo hoo! Let the party begin...
 And end. Please put me to bed. I really don't care about this cake thing...
 Oooh, a present. Aven and his Mommy and Daddy got me a present, how nice!
 This is the coolest thing!

 What do you want me to do with this, Mom?

 Hanging with my buddy
 The next day we went to see the Eiffel tower, fun!
 It was pretty cold, but at least I wasn't quite so tired.
 We took a ride on the carousel.
 We switched to the teacup. I liked sitting with Mommy better.


 Daddy put me on this big bike!



 Okay guys, it is cold, and I am getting pretty tired too...
 Jess told Mom and Dad how my stroller lays down a bit. Makes it a little easier for me to snooze, nice!
 Eliana's first drink of cow's milk
 First cereal mixed with cow's milk
 Pretty tasty
 Hey, what do you have? I want some of that!
 She did pretty well with the milk. Only took several sips, but seemed to do okay.
 On the bus headed somewhere.
 Playing at the apartment with Aven
 It is so fun to have a friend here all day!
 Mom and Dad got to go out for dinner with Wes and Jess. Jess' nanny in Houston happens to have a friend here in Paris, so she came to stay with us (we were asleep, so I didn't actually meet her) while they had some adult time:)
 Ellie says, ooww, look at me! Dad striking a pose with Ellie at the Louvre
 Mommy and me at the Louvre
 The Mona Lisa. Since Mom and Dad couldn't spend too much time here, they decided to hit the hot spots. What can I say, this place is only interesting for so long...
 The Louvre is not kind to strollers, so luckily, Dad was able to borrow this baby carrier from Jess and Wes. I fit pretty good in here, but would still prefer to face outward. I am getting a little big for my baby bjorn, so I think dad and mom are going to look for one that faces out, but is also made for me to wear for a good while.
Pooped. I haven't slept this good in a carseat (in a public place no less) in I don't know how long. Here we are in the airport in Paris waiting to go home. We got here a little early, so Dad and Mom decided to let me snooze for a little while before waking me to go through security.

No comments:

Post a Comment